My dyslexia

 Hello Everyone!

Recently, I was talking about dyslexia, and I got off the topic pretty quickly. Now I will tell you why I became interested in it and why this topic is particularly important to me, of course, as I mentioned earlier in the preparatory classes for future teachers, I had the topic of various disorders, including dyslexia, but this topic is important to me because I myself have dyslexia . This is quite funny as my whole family is dyslexic, my parents, my brothers and my sister. We are unique in this respect. I will tell you what my dyslexia looks like to me and how it manifests itself. First of all, I would like to start with the fact that it was only at the university that I heard the opinion that dyslexia is problematic, I always thought that it was just a minor problem requiring more time to study and that's it. Nowadays, there are even films showing the problem of dyslexia and showing the feelings of students who are dyslexic.

In my case, dyslexia was diagnosed when I was about 12 years old, I was at the psychologist's office and I received a report saying that I was dyslexic. It was not a shock for my parents, my brothers already had dyslexia, my parents have it (my mother is a dyslexic Polish teacher). Moreover, it was evident already in kindergarten that I had problems with writing and reading, but my speech problems were the greatest evidence of dyslexia. I attended speech therapist classes specifically to learn to speak the letter R (I only learned at the age of 6). Apart from that, I did not distinguish between sz and s and cz and c, and I still have a problem with that - for example, I said salik instead of a szalik, or czemność instead of ciemność.

Of course, I also had problems with reading, I read very slowly, but I have the impression that over time, thanks to reading a lot of books, I managed to minimize this problem. In addition, when writing essays, I often forgot about the last letters, even when writing in Polish, I just cut off words. It happened to me also in Italian, even in the case of obvious words, I remember the one test in Italian, in which I wrote IO („I”) at every point without the last letter. Besides, it seems to me that I have some kind of difficulty with words starting with R and S, all such words look the same to me and their meanings are very confusing to me. In addition, reading a word very often I do not know what it means, and when I read it aloud, the answer is clear to me and I remember the meaning.

I think these examples will suffice, I don't know if exactly everything is dyslexic, but I think so. What's funny, despite dyslexia, I love to learn vocabulary, I have worked out my own way and I'm doing really well.



BYE BYE

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Christmas disches

Born on a blue day

Where and how to look for flights