Dyscalculia

Hello Everyone!

The last disorder I would like to tell you about is dyscalculia, which I think is the rarest of the disorders that start with "dys".

Dyscalculia is a disorder of the ability to perform arithmetic operations. There are as many as 6 types of dyscalculia:

·       Conceptual and cognitive dyscalculia – disorder of abstract understanding necessary to perform memory calculations.

·       Operational dyscalculia - a disorder in the performance of mathematical operations with undisturbed ability to write / read numbers.

·       Verbal (verbal) dyscalculia - disorders of the ability to name concepts and mathematical relations

·       Lexical dyscalculia (reading) - a disorder of reading mathematical symbols.

·       Graphic dyscalculia (writing) difficulties in writing numbers and mathematical symbols.

·       Executive dyscalculia - disorder of manipulating objects (real objects, e.g. sticks, abacus, or pictorial objects - illustrations for mathematical tasks, e.g. sets) for mathematical purposes. Disturbance in comparing quantity and size, ranking in ascending / descending order, indicating which object is smaller / larger / the same size.

Some of the most common symptoms of dyscalculia:

·       inability to perform basic mathematical operations

·       incorrectly rewriting numbers and mathematical symbols from tables,

·       difficulty understanding and applying concepts and terms

·       severe stress, neurotic attacks caused by the need to study mathematics

·       problems with remembering numbers, numbers and dates,

·       difficulty reading the time from the clock

·       difficulties in using public transport,

·       disturbances in spatial and temporal orientation

·       difficulties with cooking, due to the use of numerical concepts,

·       problems with keeping the calendar

Exercises to be done in case of dyscalculia:

·       mapping geometric figures,

·       Simultaneous writing with the right and left hand

·       labyrinths,

·       rebuses,

·       lazy eights,

·       searching for hidden numbers, symbols in pictures

I think I’ve just diagnosed myself with dyscalculia, I honestly don't remember if I had it on the clinic's certificate. First of all, I am a person who gets lost very easily, even in the streets I know, being in the center of knowledge, although I know the street, I cannot picture them. Secondly, I very often get lost at stops, it's an embarassment, but very often I do not know which stop I should go to and I run back and forth after the intersection. Thirdly, problems with cooking, it is an activity that I must be very careful not to confuse, how much, what, where.


BYE BYE

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Christmas disches

Born on a blue day

Where and how to look for flights