Me and Lina

Hello Everyone! 

Today, not to talk about my travels again, I will tell you about my work in Italy. 
My grandma got me a job thanks to a friend who lives in Italy. I will not say that it was a dream job, at the beginning it was one big nightmare for me, but I will try to tell mostly about these positive things. 

I worked as a "badante" or a care for an elderly person who also looks after the home. 
I took care of 89-year-old Lina for over a month. It was quite a big responsibility for me, initially also a huge stress. I had to learn her schedule for the day when everything was happening at specific times, I had to remember to give her the right medicine at the right time. 


Unfortunately, Lina was not very talkative, she was too weak to go out for walks, so we spent the whole day sitting at home. In the evenings when it got colder we sat together on the balcony, I often wrote letters or read and she looked into space. Her sons often came to us to see how we managed. Then I could talk to someone a little. 

Although this job was difficult for me, quite depressing. I spent a month sitting locked up at home with a silent old woman who was suffering from depression. I remember Lina very well, she always tried to be nice to me even if she had a bad day. She was always protective of me and wanted the best for me. She kept telling me that if I got married I should come to her on my honeymoon. 

Unfortunately, I will end this post with sad news, my witch (Lina always called herself) died in January last year at the age of 90. From what her sons told me, her health worsened a lot after I left. 



Bye Bye! 

Komentarze

  1. I'm sorry about that. Would you like to work in this profession again, since the experience was positive?

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Christmas disches

Where and how to look for flights

Majorca part 3